One of the attendants brings out a small metal container with coals on it and opens the lid of the burner and place it on top of the burner. They turned on the burner for us, ready for our Bbq cooking=)
The Marinated Beef and Pork Bbq was flavourful and tender, it reminds us of Pinoy Pork Bbq Sticks. What’s so fun about cooking your food on your table is that you have control on what garnishes and sauces you put on your meat and vegetables. They also provided scissors to cut your meat to your desired serving pieces. To adjust the heat on your burner, there’s a control panel on the side.
TRIBE’S FOODIE VIEW: We absolutely love Maru and will definitely be coming back for more. Mr. H loved the concept of the BBQ on the table, I was surprise with that as he hates his clothes smelling of food…but this time he didn’t mind. Miss M loves eating out and when we were back inside the car, she was already asking when are we going to visit Maru again. Mr. Adventurous find the whole “cook your food and eat it” thrilling and keeps on eyeing the strips of cooked Marinated Pork and Beef during our meal, which indicates he loves the marinated meats with his bowl of rice. I was a bit hesitant on ordering more dishes as I was a bit scared that they won’t enjoy it but next time the TRIBE will go crazy ordering!
The whole TRIBE went home smelling like grilled Bbq meat but very happy as we found a new fab place to eat in Sunnybank=)
Tribe’s total bill for the night was AUD$50.90, that’s compose of Marinated Beef AUD$22.00, Marinated Pork AUD$18.00, 4x Steam Rice AUD$8.00 and a can of Coke AUD$2.90.
BUSOG! SARAP! TIPS:
- Once their friendly attendant takes your order they automatically provides you with a large container of cold water and cups.
- If the place is quiet, just choose any table you want, whether it’s outside or inside the shop.
- The outside tables have a flat button to push if you’re ready to order or want some assistance.
- If you have small kids, make them seat away from the passage ways preferably next to a wall or just make sure they are not walking everywhere to avoid accidents.
- After your meal, settle you bill inside the shop.
- Request for your receipt as human error does occur and it happens, specially when it is busy. I usually take a mental note on how much the dishes we have ordered and compares it with the final bill.
OPENING HOURS: TEL: 07 3344 3868 *Pls. contact for details
LOCATION: Maru BBQ Restaurant
Shop 3, 9 Lewina Street
Sunnybank QLD 4109
F.Y.I~ I’m not related or connected to this business, the purpose of this post is to give you a sneak peek on our TRIBE’s eating out adventure. We paid with our own TRIBE money for our foodie purchases.