If you want good Vietnamese food in a hurry, this is the place for you, PHO *HIEN VUONG* PASTEUR at Sunnybank. The TRIBE has been eating here for a couple of years now. When I get that feeling of “katam”-short for katamaran (laziness) to cook, I usually bribe Mr. H to drive us to Sunnybank. This eatery never disappoints us, very quick service and good food, always.
These are some of our favourite items on the menu :
PORK & PRAWNS WITH VEGETABLES RICE PAPER ROLLS
SPECIAL BEEF NOODLE SOUP *LARGE*
(RARE BEEF, TRIPE, TENDON, BRISKET, BEEF BALL & SAUSAGE SLICE)
BEWARE! Their large comes in a size of a large serving bowl! If you want to share this soup ask for a couple of small bowls.
For 1st timers, you squeeze the lemon slice, add chilli if you want, tear up the basil leaves and add the desired amount of bean sprouts to your soup. Mix them all up while the soup is steaming hot. My technique with this soup is to get a teacup and put some chilli sauce and hoi sin sauce side by side. I dip pieces of meat in the sauces before I eat them, followed with a slurp of broth and rice noodles.
BBQ PORK CHOP ON RICE
When it comes to this combos, I’m a “drizzle” person, will spread sauce on top of meat and rice. Mr. H is the “dipping” person, will cut meat into pieces and dip them in the sauce.
BBQ PORK CHOP, SHREDDED PORK RIND & EGG ON RICE
The pickled slices of carrots and white radish are quite nice too. Very crunchy and the sweet and sour taste is just right. Little Mr Adventurous loves the carrots.
Just squeeze the lemon wedge in your diced beef and season with the salt & pepper mix.
Tribe ate there last night, our meal consists of 3x mains, 1x serve of rice paper rolls and a coke that totals to AUD$34.50 only. Nice place if you’re watching your budget!
BUSOG! SARAP! TIPS:
- Condiments, box of tissue, tea cups, cutlery and chopsticks are set on every table. If you’re missing the chili oil container, just ask one of the attendants.
- Tea comes in a small thermos and it’s complimentary. There’s also water available but you have to get it yourself inside the shop near the counter.
- If the place is full, just wait outside near the door and eyeball an attendant, usually they stop and ask you how many people in your group, say the number quickly. If you’re the person the attendant talked to, don’t go away for a stroll as you are the one the attendant remembers.
- If the place is quiet, just choose any table you want, whether it’s outside or inside the shop.
- I recommend ordering everything at the same time. This is not fine dining, people. It’s a place where you order quickly and eat.
- Once your group has finished eating, take a mental note of your table number and pay inside the shop.
- If you’re unable to finish your meal, you can ask for a takeaway container and plastic bag. It’s your role to put the food yourself in the container. I do this sometimes with Miss M’s meal.
- If you have small kids, make them seat away from the passage ways or just make sure they are not walking everywhere to avoid accidents.
OPENING HOURS: 10AM – 10PM
LOCATION: Shop 21H Market Square Shopping Centre
Cnr Mains Road & McCullough Street
Sunnybank QLD 4109
CONTACT NO: 07 3219 5688
F.Y.I~ I’m not related or connected to this business, the purpose of this post is to give you a sneak peek on our TRIBE’s eating out adventure. We paid with our own TRIBE money for our foodie purchases.